Santa Fe South Pathways Middle College on the campus of Oklahoma City Community College will provide innovative, seamless, and quality education for high potential, motivated students, grades 9-12, and graduate them from high school while successfully completed an Associate Degree.
Each day in Pathways Middle College the focus is on one mission: ensuring that all students graduate college, career and citizen-ready.
In order to meet the mission of Pathways and to provide an effective climate for learning, the following is important for all Pathways students to understand and demonstrate:
- Aligned curricula and instruction: A coherent instructional framework aligned to college-ready standards, with consistent instructional practices across all content areas, establishes a strong college-going culture and prepares students for postsecondary success.
- Personalization and student supports: Student-centered learning environments promote personalization, engagement, and close relationships among students and staff, with assistance based on assessments that identify the needs of each individual.
- Power of place: Early college schools are located on or near college campuses and draw on that environment to enable high school students to experience real college coursework and build their identity as college goers.
- College credit: Students simultaneously earn a high school diploma and up to two years of transferrable college credit—tuition free.
- Partnerships: Strong partnerships with colleges foster shared responsibility for student success, with collaboration on the development of academic programs that meet secondary and postsecondary standards and provide appropriate student supports.