June 9, 2020
Dear Class of 2020 and Parents:
In 9 short days, on June 18th, you will finally get to walk the stage!!
Here are a few VERY important details, please read very carefully and contact Dr. Klasek if you have any questions!
- Each graduate is limited to 8 cars.
- The car that holds the senior needs to park in rows 1-3. Please plan to arrive between 6:45 and 7.
- All other guests should arrive after 7:00 p.m.
- Graduation will start promptly at 8:30 pm.
- In the parking lot, there are YELLOW poles, RED poles, and SILVER poles. Red and Yellow poles are for trucks and SUV’s. Silver poles are for cars.
- You MUST remain in your car until directed to do otherwise. We are still practicing Social Distancing.
- Masks are recommended for seniors but are not required.
- No glitter, streamers, or confetti as we will be charged a clean-up fee by the theater that we will pass along to you.
- Please ask your guests to be respectful of other graduates and avoid honking your car horn or using air horns.
- We will not have tables for your parents to decorate. However, you are welcome to decorate your car and your family’s cars.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed in the venue.
- No alcohol, tobacco, vaping, or firearms are allowed.
- Please plan to leave immediately after the ceremony as we are following the guidelines provided us by the CDC and the State Department of Education.
- Bathrooms are available at the venue.
- You may NOT decorate your hat!
As per CDC and SDE guidelines, we cannot have a practice, so here’s what you will do for your actual graduation:
Mr. McAdoo will ask all the seniors to come to the stage.
- You will line up in alphabetical order by last name to the right of the stage along the short white wall.
- Please maintain a six-foot distance.
- Once we call your name, you will walk across the stage to Mr. McAdoo.
- There will be no handshake.
- Take hold of one corner of the diploma cover; turn to face the photographer; smile.
- Then leave the stage.
- Mrs. Seabourn and the House Deans will be waiting to give you a small present from us.
- Please return to your car and enjoy the rest of your night!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Klasek ASAP!!